Friday, February 5, 2010

Relationship not Religion



Relationship not Religion

God Morning! TJIF!! Thank JESUS It’s Friday! Well folks I said I had to do a little more research about religion before I delivered my last installment about the subject and I did. While I was at work casually thinking about this particular message Jesus smacked the HECK out of me with a revelation about this topic. It was so strong on me I could not concentrate for two hours. I was compelled to take a half-day yesterday to attend bible study and to get a little more information and to make sure I’m not saying anything wrong. The two minutes I spoke with my bishop I received confirmation, clarity and relief that the way I was feeling isn’t wrong. He shared with me that YES religions are man made systems. Since God loves us so much that he uses those man made devices to reach us. You know the saying that those things made for bad, in the end God uses for good. Well I think Christianity was one of those things, to a certain extent. God only wanted the relationship not the religion. The unfortunate thing is that man thought that the religion was the relationship. Let me take it a step further. Do you KNOW what religion means? Besides of course the normal answer, {RE}- means “again” and {LIGION} derived from {LIGARE}- means “to bind”. Thus leaving us in the case of Christianity to bind us again to Christ. NOW as I mentioned early Jesus shared something a little more straightforward and was so deep I stated to drown. He separated the word into to parts also and he said {RE} – means “again”, now here’s the kicker. if you change the “I” to an “E” the word changes from {Ligion} to {Legion}. And we know that the demons of the underworld call themselves {Legion} - meaning" multitude or great number". I said WOW! My mouth dropped. In Mark 5:9 it says "And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, my name is Legion: for we are many."
They both sound alike and are spelled alike despite that one letter. I believe over the course of time the enemy wanted to be more camouflage and that one letter changed. Just like so many other words through the course of the years. Now with all that being said it is completely up to you what you chose to do, but now you cannot say “well Jesus I didn’t know”, because the truth has been put out there fore you. Laid in your lap to receive. Give God your relationship not your relationship to religion. SO take that and meditate on it. Pleas read Matthew 15:8-9 KJV and Mark 5:9 KJV

This people draweth nigh unto me with their lips; but their hearts is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, my name is Legion: for we are many.

No comments:

Post a Comment