Sunday, February 7, 2010

Back to Basics: Faith, Grace & Mercy p1



Back to Basics: Faith, Grace & Mercy

God Morning! Welcome to the Spanduvilous Dailies with me David Mitchell II on this Monday February 8, 2010. After all of the deep thoughts and concerns of last week, I have decided to slow it down a bit. I often find myself asking simple questions that I should know, but I take it for granted that what I was taught is the correct information. So from time to time I like to refresh my memory on certain fundamental words, principals, and people of the bible to make sure that I know what those words mean and that I apply them properly in my everyday life. So over the next few days we will be going back to the basics. We will first start off with “Faith”. What is faith? I’m sure many of you have heard it in a sermon or two that “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” from Hebrews 11:1. In essence it is saying that it’s something that you desire that no one else can see. It could be a dream, love, a new car, a new job, and or hopefully Christ Jesus. But the bible also gives us a disclaimer about faith. It states in 1 Peter 1:7, “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ”. Now the translation to that is what ever you hope for that no one else can see will be tested or tried to make sure you want it bad enough before you receive it. So if you decided that you’re going to have faith in Jesus, then the things He told you, that you can’t see right now or Him period, will be tested and tried in the fire by the enemy to see if you really want it or Him. That is why the bible says have unwavering faith like in James 1:6. Thus if your faith is unwavering in Him then logically what HE has for you shall truly come to you in a timely fashion. Please read Hebrews 11:1 KJV , 1 Peter 1:7 KJV, and James 1:6 KJV

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment