Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Adam, Eve, & Relationships: Walking the Love Walk p13



Walking the Love Walk: part 13

Hi everyone I am back once more and I am here to speak a little bit about third party relationships. Now I am not talking about a guy having two girlfriends or two wives, nor am I talking about a girl having two boyfriends or two husbands. Lets understand that we all strive to have functioning, meaningful, and loving relationships and please believe that the impact that God has in your relationship is more important than anything, thus making it a third party relationship.
Now I want to talk about taking offense with someone with the ones we love. In a relationship we don’t always say the right thing and we may unintentionally hurt the other person. No one is perfect and we are not going to get it right all of the time. However, we need to understand the difference of when we walk the love walk with God in our relationships. If your significant other or even a loved one says something that hurts your feelings, God will want you to respond to it in love. For example if you are in a relationship with someone and they have done you wrong, and your feelings are initially hurt, don’t take offense! When I say this I don’t mean that you shouldn’t be upset or hurt; this means that how you respond and handle the situation is going to make all of the difference in the world.
If you take personal offence over the situation, that means that it has control over you. But wait! There is a better way! If you respond and handle the situation differently, you have just controlled it, with love. It will take forgiveness, , it will take patience, and it will take humility. You see, all of these things are love. Now lets go ahead and connect the dots. When we make mistakes it hurts God. However, He does not take offense. If He was offended every time that we hurt him, he would seek revenge and none of us would be here. However, He responds to and handles our mistakes with love. When we mess up He is still patient, forgiving and merciful. Now if He can do that with you, that is His way of showing how to forgive others with love. It must come full circle, folks, so that the next time you get hurt or mad, don’t act on it. Emotions are temporary. Overcome and conquer with love. Why? Because you cant fail because love never fails and it will even grow stronger. Until next time, God loves you and so do I! Be blessed! Please read I Corinthians 13:1-8

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And through I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing. Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; where there be tongues, they shall cease, wherther there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

No comments:

Post a Comment