Monday, September 14, 2009

Testimony: Little Secret part 1



God Morning! Welcome to the Spanduvilous Dailies with me David Mitchell II on this Monday September 14, 2009. Recently I have been looking over my life as of the past few years and noticed how much my circumstances have aligned with others, yet no one is forthright in sharing there Testimony due to embarrassment, guilt, or for the sake of there image. Little do they know that it is easier to share their burdens vs. carrying it by themselves. If you take a close look around you and your current circumstances, there a probably several people going through the same thing you are and no one has even opened there mouth for help due to fear and rejection. I charge you friends to share your testimony of what you came through with others. Being fearless of ridicule and judgment. Because that same testimony is our enrichment, it is added on to us, helping us grow into better persons in Christ. It also confirms to the world who and what Jesus is and can do. But who will ever know if you keep everything bottled up as your little secret of victory. You know that secret victory over lust, alcohol, drugs, sexual deviances and other binding and embarrassing acts of the past. But guess what, you will only be embarrassed if someone else uncovered your secret instead of you coming forward putting it on the table. Well HERE is a peace of my testimonies. Many of you probably know that I moved from Atlanta to Birmingham a few years back all of a sudden and wondered why. Well truth is that God told me to leave my job at Bank of America and he told me a certain way to do it. Of course the first thing I said was, "WHAT!! Are you sure... I can't just do that what about rent, food, car, and everything else?" Of course freaked out and did the exact opposite of what he told me. I decided to take 2 weeks vacation to ride it out, you know to see it God will change His mind. Then all of a sudden things in there would literally drive me insane. I thought I was loosing my mind. I was one step from going postal seriously. SO at the end of my work day, 3 weeks later I might add, I walked in to my bosses office and told her I quit. And the only explanation I could give her was God told me so. I know I looked crazy, but that’s what happened. Then 2 weeks later there was an attempted robbery and the same branch I used to work at and shots were fired inside of the bank. And to add more fuel to the fire, it was during the lunch rotation, so I probably would have been out on the floor and not in my office. Which means I could be dead right now if I didn't head God's crazy word. That’s my little secret, what's yours? Please read I Corinthians 1:4-6 NIV

I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way- in all your speaking and in all your knowledge- because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment