Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Testimony: Leave them ALONE! part 2



God morning! Welcome to the Spanduvilous Dailies with me David Mitchell II on this Tuesday September 15, 2009. Yesterday we started in a weeklong discussion on testimony. But what is testimony? Testimony is a statement made by a witness to prove that something is true. Now you have some that will rise up and say certain things in order to get a rise out of you or just to get some praise/attention or start some mess with you and the surrounding people, but you need not worry about them. Just rebuke them in the name of Jesus and keep it moving. Those individuals are glory hogs, dishonest, lazy, and gluttonous people that only care about themselves. Please leave them to their own devices. Do not get entangled in the web they weave. They are mere talkers and cannot cast any harm on you nor your households; for you are covered by the Blood of Jesus. So leaving off from yesterday, after I left my job, and no other job I might add, that day changed to rest of my life forever. It seemed as though the minute I stood up and was obedient to God, the whole world came in like a flood. Sitting there with no job, a good friend of mine at the time attempted suicide. Had to deal with that. Then the same person got evicted… so I opened up my home to them. Then a few weeks later my grandmother died. That was the stray that broke the camels back. I was so hurt and upset, not at what He did, but how he did it, so after that I turned my back on God. I told Him that He can keep all of this stuff that He wanted me to do. Why did I have to be going through all of this? Why did I have to carry these burdens? But I should have been asking “Why not me?” Let me tell you I saw God move in a way I never seen before. I mean I saw Him more clearly when I gave up on Him than when I called my self with Him. Of course that started to drive me even crazier, so after about 3 days I came on back and apologized, repented, and went on. I guess you can say I was in the wilderness for a while no job barely making the last of my money strech, supporting two people. It was tuff. Falling out with my father. It was ruff. Please read Titus 1:13 NIV

For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach- and that for the sake of dishonest gain. Even one of their own prophets has said, “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.” This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment