Friday, September 18, 2009

Testimony: The Great Testimony part 4



God morning! Welcome to the Spanduvilous Dailies with me David Mitchell II on this Thursday September 17, 2009. DO you have the Great Testimony in your heart? If you do not then you are making God out to be a liar and we both know that’s unacceptable. Or do you even know what the Great Testimony is? The Great Testimony is that God has given us eternal life, and this life is through His Son Jesus. Now that you know what it is; do you have the Great Testimony in your heart? This testimony alone stretches the minds thought of reality and pushes it into a new realm of thought. This is what His Son, Jesus, have given us; the possibility of infinite life within Him. I know at times you feel alone, down, left out and forgot about, but remember the Great Testimony. Your life is precious. It’s so precious that Jesus died on the cross in order to give you life. Don’t squander it away due to temporary circumstances. Cast out those thoughts of suicide, murder and abandonment. They are not from God! Stop and look around you with an unbiased eye and I’m pretty sure you will find the one that loves you standing right there. But if you don’t, I love you and I’m right here with you in Jesus and the Great Testimony. Please read I John 5:11 NIV. Well to continue from yesterday, all different kinds of thoughts ran through my head and feelings all types of feelings overflowing in my depressive state. I had thoughts of suicide as an escape, running away, thoughts of giving up completely, and thoughts of God being a liar. This was a very dark point in my life. Well now in Birmingham, you can imagine how things are going at first. We were like oil and water. I was sleeping on the floor in for a couple of months, still grieving, dissecting, and trying to understand what was going on. He said it builds character, I said that’s BS. I called myself trying my best to stay out of his way. Rarely spoke; I was respectful though, basically just stayed in that room. Then over time we began to speak more and more. I began to notice that most of my preconceived notions were wrong, and so did he. We slowly began to bond and start something that both of us wanted, but never had. We learned a lot during the time I was there. But the one it really started to hit when he told me “You didn’t only needed me to come bail you out, I needed you, too.” That put things in perspective for me. I was so caught up in my downward spiral of self-destruction that I didn’t notice what he needed.

Anyone who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment