Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools



April Fools

God morning everyone! Welcome to the Spanduvilous Dailies with me, David Mitchell II, on this Thursday April 1, 2010. Today is April FOOLS day and I would like to specifically point out a lot of people how have foolish thinking. Now I’m not calling you’ll a fool, I’m just saying some of you all are a little foolish. Anywho, I know everyone has heard the statement “Don’t use the Lord’s name in Vain” before. They are basically saying don’t call on Him if you don’t need Him and don’t perverse His name. Now what I mean by perverse is like saying you are manipulating peoples heart by using His name for your own personal gain. Or when a person knowingly lying and says “I swear to God.” Just defiling His name just to get over on someone. Those who do this hold nothing sacred. This is totally unacceptable. Then over the years the terminology of the curse “____ Dammit” has become acceptable by society. What is going on? Every time I hear someone say it, it just rubs me the wrong way. Now that curse has even evolved into changing “God” to “Got” so that person can still use that curse and have the excuse of “ I’m not saying God… so I can use it.” NO you can’t. Just because you replace His name with another word the context and meaning still stands, thus you still used His name in vain while cursing God. Some of you or may not may remember this, but it’s just like back in the day as a kid you used to try and say “Dang” in front of your grandparents and they almost flipped. You caught a backhand to the mouth so quick it was ridiculous. Even though you switched “Dang” with “Damn” they were the same thing and you were still punished. So you had to remove it from your vocabulary altogether. The same goes for this. SO lest stop being April fools and Yearly fools for that matter, and use the Lord’s name properly; so it’s power will be appropriately distributed. Please read Leviticus 19:12 and Exodus 20:7 KJV

And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment