Thursday, April 8, 2010

Obtaining Balance



Obtaining Balance

Hello again! I’m Sonya Waddell and I bring you greetings. I think achieving balance in our lives is key in this time and era. Balance is the key to life. Picture a weight scale for me with both sides on the scale evenly proportioned. In order to have balance we must set our priorities in order. What is priority in your life? Is God a priority? Before you leave your home for work do you have intimate fellowship with God? Have you thanked him, prayed, and worshipped him. Are you studying the Bible which is a road map for our lives. Or are you to busy? I personally don’t even feel right if I leave the house and haven’t spent quality time with him. Spending time with God before your day begins sets the tone for your day. So now that we have talked about our spiritual priority let’s move on.

I want you to ask yourself some questions because as women we sometimes say “yes” to often and to soon. We are nurturers by nature and we want to help everybody. My motto is, “If helping you hurts me then I can’t help you.” And I don’t feel guilty about it either. So do you find yourself regretful a lot because you said you would do this or that for someone? If so, check your priorities. The 2nd priority should be you, yes you. Are you rested? The bible says, “Come unto me those that are weary and heavy ladened and I will give you rest.” Sometimes you made need to take a powernap which will restore your soul. How is your health? Are you working out like you said you were going to? Are you eating properly drinking enough water? Taking “me time”? Are you walking in your purpose or taking the steps to fulfill your purpose? You know the saying if mama ain’t happy then nobody is happy. You must take care of yourself ladies. If you are married your 3rd priority is to your husband and making sure his needs are met. I’m nor just talking about sexual needs but quality time, etc. And if you have kids then they are next, other family members are 4th. God has an order and sometimes as women because we are so busy we forget the order.

Okay so now that we are clear on order, How do we really obtain balance? First make sure that you are not giving too much attention in one area, tipping the scale and ignoring or neglecting the other areas. Make a “to do list” and schedule what day you will accomplish the task. Please set realistic goals. Another important point I want to make is, if you are going to obtain balance in your life they are going to be some things or people you will either have to give less time to or things or people you will need to cut off. Now I’m not talking about a spouse or kids. But some people will drain you and if they are not doing anything with their life they will want you to ride on the train with them. If you are working on a certain task and the phone rings ignore it and set a time to return calls, check e-mail, etc. We lose balance when we give too much attention to things and people that are not connected to our purpose. The only time I get on Facebook is when someone sends me a message. When you are busy working on what God has called you to do you will find yourself talking on the phone less, textingless, IMing less, Facebooking less, My spacing less, etc. Listen to all of that I called out. The devil’s tactic is to get us distracted so we will lose our focus. Stay focused. Facebook, You tube, etc, has nothing to do with my purpose but it gives me a break and allows me a short period of time to connect with people. But I will not be on there for an hour or hours at a time. So if that is a necessity to you schedule that also on your “to do list” and the time allotted for that task. Remember no area in your life should have all of your time, balance the scale, and always keep God first. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. I have to go but I hope that helps. Please read Matthew 6:33 and Matthew 11:28 KJV.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Come unto me those that are weary and heavy ladened and I will give you rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment