Tuesday, October 6, 2009



God morning everyone! Welcome to the Spanduvilous Dailies with me David Mitchell II on this Tuesday October 6, 2009. After doing yesterdays message, something popped in my spirit that kind of piggy backed the theme from yesterday. I would like to talk about addiction. I am sure I don’t need to give you a public service announcement about drugs and alcohol, but I’m sure we all know first hand what the effects of these vices can do if unchecked. We've all heard of drunk drivers killing innocent motorists and crack heads robbing folks for 20 dollars for a hit of that pipe. If a person is addicted to something, they don’t care who they hurt, even if its themselves, all they want is that fix. These individuals can be very dangerous and unpredictable if a serious addiction is involved. And don’t think it stops at drugs and alcohol. Nope. A person can easily be addicted to sex, money, power and we all know people have been killed over all three of those throughout history. And it is just as bad as the later, because they will stop at nothing to satisfy their fleshly needs. When I tell you first hand about the troubles of addiction, I mean right in my living room. Years ago my stepfather murdered my brother in cold blood in front of our entire family. He was a functioning alcoholic. The next day he had no recollection of what transpired the night before. So now today I stand without a brother, lost to the rash, harsh spirit of gluttony and addiction. You never know what someone will do in his or her inebriated state. So please if you think you may have a problem, or you have noticed a friend or love one has a problem, please don’t be afraid to ask for help. God forbid it may be your brother, sister, mother, father or even child on the other end of an addicts circumstance. Please read Joel 3:3NIV


They cast lots for my people and traded boys for prostitutes; they sold girls for wine that they might drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment