Monday, October 5, 2009

Doesn't Last Forever



Good Morning everybody I hope all is well with you! Lets talk about endurance in running our race of life. Now this year I joined a fitness bootcamp to get healthy and in better shape. I had no idea what I was in for, but my first week of working out, I thought I was going to die! My body was sore, and the workouts were very rigorous. I honestly was asking myself what I had signed up for? But the challenge was not just physical but mental as well. I faced challenges and wondered as to whether I could really do what I set out to do; it seemed that it was not getting any easier and sometimes I wanted to quit all together. But I will say that there is something to be said about enduring through challenges, because just like working your physical body for strength, we have to understand that our spirit and mind must endure challenges to build strength too. The end result will show that it was the challenge and adversity that made us strong. Before you know, it you have worked through and overcome the soreness and pain and realize that it really didn’t last. And we are stronger for the hard work that we put forth. Just don’t quit! When we face difficulty, we may feel that it will never end! In our minds, dealing with adversity and struggle can feel like a lifetime. The awesome part about it is that the hardships do not last forever! Through the trials, we have the opportunity to become stronger, tougher and wiser. We have the victory when we come out on top. Let us remember that the reward in the end will show that the struggle was small compared to glory that we receive on the other end, and in that we give the glory and praise to the Lord for seeing us through! Please read Romans 8:18, let it speak to your heart, and continue to be blessed!

“For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment